Silk & Subtle is a silk occasionwear label that embodies both luxury and comfort. The collection was originally created for bridesmaids, however our timeless and understated designs are perfect for any special occasion.
Designed for the modern bridesmaid, our styles range from mini coordinate sets to full length gowns, with each design available in our full colour range. We also offer each design in a luxurious ivory variation for brides who are seeking an understated wedding gown or wedding reception dress.
From brand conception, we focused on creating strong ethics and minimising our impact on the environment. Whilst we still have plenty of room for improvement, here are some of the brand values and practices that we're really proud of:
- Our dresses are designed in-house and ethically made by a small manufacturer on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. We love supporting a fellow small business, who in turn supports other Australian vendors for all their production supplies.
- Our dresses are made-to-order, meaning that we don't hold stock and only produce as necessary, minimising our waste and the associated environmental impacts.
- Every dress and coordinate set has been designed to be worn again, meaning that the styles are versatile and timeless. We want your garments to be investment pieces that you can dress up or down for any occasion.
- Our dresses are made from 100% silk, from shell to lining, in a conscious effort to use only natural fabrics. Our silk is lightweight and luxurious, and a lot better for the environment than our synthetic replicas. [In full transparency, the labels that we currently use are made from polyester, however we will be swapping to silk labels as soon as we can source a suitable supplier.]
- We use sustainable, compostable packing and shipping bags for all orders. We also employ a minimalist approach to our packaging, whilst still delivering a beautiful unboxing experience.